The Graduate School is located at the University towers - 13th floor, Main Campus. The proximity to the central business district makes it well situated in terms of accessing amenities. The weather is normally favorable in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Graduate School offers many Masters and PhD programmes that enable students from diverse areas both regionally and internationally to enrol, learn, research and further their academic knowledge.
Regionally, we have students from :
Uganda , Tanzania , Rwanda , Burundi , South Sudan , Somalia , Ethiopia , Malawi , Ghana , Nigeria and many more
Internationally, we have students from:
USA , Germany , United Kigdom , Korea , China and many more
International students are enrolled at the University of Nairobi under different categories : As exchange and occasional students (for a specific period of time e.g. 1/2 semesters, 2/3 months) and as full time/part time students (taking up a whole course). More on these categories can be viewed here.
- The basic admission requirements for any postgraduate student applying for a programme at the University of Nairobi can be accessed on this page.
- Degree certificates and transcripts presented for consideration should be certified by the issuing institutions.
- Translation of certifiates not in English is mandatory for ease of processing.
- Degree certificates and transcripts of institutions not accreditted should be subjected to a verification process by the Commission for University Education (CUE)
- Documents such as Kenya pupil's pass, commitment letter, valid passport etc should be available.
Different programmes have different fees structures depending on the field of study i.e Arts, Sciences, Clinicals, Medicine etc. Foreign students outside the partner states of the Northern Corridor Integration Projects (Republics of Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan) are required to pay an additional 25% on all charges stated in a programmes' fees structure.
Corporate Affairs Office
The Corporate Affairs office is a unit in the University of Nairobi, amongst other duties, they are charged with the responsibility of initiating, promoting, facilitating and coordinating international programmes and links, staff and student exchanges and mobility, collaborative research projects and worldwide networking.