The Office of the Deputy-Vice Chancellor (Research, Innovation and Enterprise) and the Graduate School shall conduct their second training this year for University of Nairobi PhD students titled “From Dissertation to Journal Publication” on publishing in peer-reviewed journals,
The training seeks to provide insights and critical information to ensure the University’s PhD students are able to meet their publication requirements for graduation on time, and within the university policy guidelines. The information will also be invaluable for those whose careers shall include academic publishing, for example, careers in academia or research institutes.
Although the programme is targeting PhD students, Masters students are welcome to attend.
Topics to be covered include:
- What constitutes a “Peer-Reviewed Journal” as required by the Commission of University Education/University of Nairobi regulations
- Avoiding predatory journals
- Finding the right journal for your publication
- Planning your journal publication process to ensure timely graduation
- Useful tools to improve your writing quality
- Common mistakes to avoid that often result in journal rejection.
TRAINING SHALL BE IN CHANDARIA AUDITORIUM ON THE 6TH FLOOR, UON TOWERS
- REGISTRATION IS FREE AND REQUIRED. Maximum Participants 400.
- The programme is restricted to University of Nairobi post-graduate students only, student ID will be required on registration on the day of the training.
- Please keep time as we start promptly at 9am. Sign-in opens at 8:30am.
Click here to register.