The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa. The Fellowship allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders.
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva) with an annual stipend of $100,000.
The Fellow must:
- Be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
- Not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
- Not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother;
- Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
- Age limit is forty (40) years for men and women and forty-five (45) years for women with children;
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, , Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others;
- Have at least 7 (seven) years’ work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
- Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- Have experience in strategic planning, project management and execution ;
- Have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Demonstrate strong ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Demonstrate ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Deadline: 14th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click below links to apply online
For more information about the Leadership Fellows Program