The following are steps that you need to follow in order to register online:
- Pay the prescribed fees. This must be done 48 hours before attempting the next step.
- Log into the SMIS portal (smis.uonbi.ac.ke) to generate a student registration number using the application reference on the letter of offer.
- Log into the SMIS portal using the student registration number as the username and national identity card number or passport number as the password.
- Download Joining Instructions (Admission Form and Student Bond) from the online application portal.
- Complete the forms downloaded in Step 4
- Download the application form used to apply for admission from the online application portal.
- Complete online registration by uploading duly completed joining instructions, application form, certified degree certificates and transcripts, passport size photo to the registration portal and submit your request for registration.
- Wait for the confirmation of your registration. An alert shall be sent to your mobile number when this is done.
- Login into the SMIS portal (smis.uonbi.ac.ke) to create an email address and Active Directory account.
- Undertake Course Registration [Where applicable].
For you start the online classes, you need to undertake the following steps:
- Confirm registration of courses
- Download class timetables
- Access the links to the classes
- Access Library Resources
- Join the classes to be able to account for class attendance
- Report to your Dean/Director any issue related to online learning and supervision that you may require assistance.
For those undertaking course work, ensure you attend all prescribed classes, take all assignments, continuous assessment tests and examinations. And those undertaking research only, consult your assigned supervisors monthly and submit quarterly reports.
The following documents are to be filled by new graduate students for registration purposes. A checklist of academic documents to be uploaded is also appended for guidance during the process.